I just ran my first 5K


Maybe I should clarify the title a little bit. I just jogged/walked my first 5k. I was able to go with a few friends from church which made it even more fun. This summer I decided that I wanted to start jogging and set my goal to be able to run a 5k. I've been jogging around my neighborhood a few nights a week to try and build up my endurance. It was really fun participating in the 5k with so many people running with you....it was kind of exhilirating. I jogged about 2/3 of the course and ended up with a time of 37:05. I am setting a goal to participate in a 5k every month and try to improve my time (and get back in to shape). I couldn't have jogged with out a little help so I have to say thanks to Justin Timberlake, The B-52s, ABBA, The Wombats, Metro Station, MC Hammer , Snoop Dog(and the list could go on) for helping to keep my energy up enough to keep jogging!

Anne Marie  – (September 23, 2008 at 12:25 AM)  

Good for you! It seems like more and more people are liking to run in various marathons. I don't really enjoy running very much, so run one for me too :). Have fun!

Celeste Dodge  – (September 23, 2008 at 9:54 AM)  

Congrats! They are fun. I didn't like to run before I started doing it either. I haven't been in a race since the one I did in March (or was it May), but I'm trying to get back into running again. So fun!.

kimdavis  – (September 23, 2008 at 12:32 PM)  

You are so funny.... I want your playlist!

Alicia  – (September 24, 2008 at 12:42 PM)  

Congrats Jill! That is such a great goal! Also--happy birthday today!!!

Julianne  – (September 24, 2008 at 6:07 PM)  

I'm glad it went well! I am totally amazed at people who can do this. It's totally not my thing...not this year, anyway! LOL!

sNick  – (September 26, 2008 at 4:47 PM)  

Jill, your play list is killing me. I'm actually laughing out loud. It sounds like great running music. My favorite recent jogging songs are "All these things that I've done" by the Killers and the theme song from the biggest loser (which if I had just heard randomly I wouldn't have like, but now I just sing along 'What have you done today to make you feel proud!' It's way nerdy, I know). Good luck with the upcoming runs! I'm going to try to start getting serious about training again soon, you've inspired me!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP