Flashback Friday: Growing up with Cool Cousins!

Kimmy and I decided that we are going to have Flashback Friday's on our blogs. So, each Friday we will pick a few pictures from the past to post. We can choose to post a specific year or pick some kind of catagory. I had so much fun looking through old pictures and these ones just jumped out at me so I decided to start here. My flashback for this week is growing up with cool cousins.Growing up in the Eynon family was pretty neat. Family was really important, so we got together as often as we could. We loved playing with our cousins....they were the best. I don't know what we are doing in this picture...but we look like we're having a good time. I think this was after Ally's baptism.



Alot of my cousins lived out of state, so we would only get to see eachother about once a year. Luckily my Uncle Marc and Aunt Pam always lived close by so we always had cousins near. Their family had kids about the same age as each kid in our family, so each of us had "our cousin". Mine was Christi. Christi is awsome and we had such a great time growing up together. I can't think of many periods in my life without her. We did everything from double dating, going to our first concert (the New Kids on the Block), we were always doing eachother's hair and makeup, we went out dancing alot in college and were bridesmaids at eachother's weddings. I love Christi! Here's a picture of us modeling our dresses that Grandma Eynon bought us for kindergarten.But we did also have a great time when we were all together. Remember all of the Christmas nativity plays that Grandma would work so hard on and then go crazy when she saw all of us (the angels) wrapped in gold garland? Remember the germ book that we made for Grandpa, or the oh so yummy scones at Doug and Emmy's? How about camping out in the big tent in Grandpa and Grandma's backyard. Great times!Like I said before, it was truely a joy to grow up with the family I grew up with....and fortunatly those bonds haven't stopped growing now that we are all married. It's always a blast when we are all back together and in the meantime I love keeping up with their lives through all of their fabulous blogs. So to my cousins, I love you guys!

Ally  – (October 10, 2008 at 2:20 PM)  

Okay, I totally remember what we were doing in the first picture. We were listening to the Witch Doctor song by the Chipmunks. We were trying to see how much we could rock the van! One other thing I remember about that day--Aunt Pam told me that in California, they did baptisms differently. They had a dunking booth, and everyone got to throw a ball to try to drop me in. And, my aunt (Pam) got to throw the first ball. Of course, I didn't believe her...well, maybe just for a few minutes!

Julianne  – (October 10, 2008 at 8:25 PM)  

What a fun post! My side of the family was like that, too, and I still enjoy being close to my cousins.

Alicia Colon  – (October 11, 2008 at 2:04 AM)  

Nice poncho! Talk about flash backs. Is that the poncho you wore when we went to the Rose Parade?

sNick  – (October 11, 2008 at 11:00 PM)  

Even though I check your blog faithfully, I some how missed this post until the other cousins mentionned it at Shelby's baby shower today! I totally agree, we all lucked out in the cousin department. There is literally nothing I would rather do than hang out with my cousins. I was so sad that I missed Jeff's homecoming this summer because I new you were all there together! Thanks for posting those fun pictures.

Melissa + Brett  – (October 19, 2008 at 5:14 AM)  

THE EYNON'S ROCK! Adding to Ally's comment. Grandpa made Jeff believe he would turn into a girl when he got baptized. We used to tell him that we were all boys (me, Christi, Rach) until we got baptized. He was deathly afraid to get baptized to say the least. He even cried.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP