To be a Texan checklist

We've lived here for two years now and have realized that we haven't experienced a lot of the Texas wonders. Who knows how long we'll live here so we figured that while we are Texans we should start acting like Texans. We went to the stockyards for the first time this year and like all good Texans, waited anxiously for the arrival of the beautiful bluebonnets. For all of my California people, bluebonnets are the Texas state flower and grow all along the highways for a few weeks every year. It is illegal to pick them, but it is fun to see people pulled off to the side of the on ramps taking their family pictures of them. We tried once to get a good picture but I had two boys with me who truly did not want to cooperate. So, we decided to do it again. This one flopped too......the kids cooperated, but the sun did not. It was just a bad time of day. Maybe we'll try it again to get a real good picture, but for now I just have to settle with what we were able to get.
So, I can add another check off my being a Texan checklist. We want to go to a Ranger game and the big state fair. For all of you other Texans out there, what other sites should I add to my list?

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP