The Day Jesus Sent the Snow

About once a year we get a snow day and my kids have anxiously awaited that special day this year. A few weeks ago, we were driving home from church and it was snowing. They were thrilled! Unfortunatlly, it had rained all day so as the snow touched the ground, it melted. No snowballs, no snowmen, and no day off from school. To say they were bummed would be a great understatement! The next day, I went to make a phone call and Trev asked who I was calling. I told him I was calling grandma, and then he replied, "Well next do you think you could call Jesus and ask him to send me some snow?" Monday evening he must have finally gotten our message because he sent us snow that has stayed on the ground for two days and counting.
Eric made the drive to and from work on Tuesday. I think he was the only person in the neighborhood that went to work. He couldn't wait to show us his car once he arrived home. The moisture on the road would splash up onto his car and freeze. He stayed home with us today and hopefully tomorow since the roads are so bad. Our street is literally a sheet of ice. I figure if they can close down all the schools and the airport, then Eric should be able to work from home.
This snow has also brought the coldest temps that DFW has seen in the past 20 years. Right now they said with the windchill it feels like 1 degree outside. This hasn't stopped the kids from enjoying their days off of school. Looks like they will be home the rest of the week to enjoy it.


Ryley and Court's favorite thing to do is use the ice covered driveway as a slip and slide.. and trying to get big chunks of ice off of the street.
Where as Trev likes to watch, and make sure that we are still watching him.
Thanks Jesus for sending us the snow....we are enjoying it!
So cute!! Your kids are adorable!
I'm so glad you finally got around to calling Jesus! I miss those kids.....
I totally used to belly slide on ice when I lived in Michigan and Indiana. Some very fun times!!! Please throw a snow ball for us. We're just still wishing for snow. Have fun!!!