Christmas Parade


Last night was the big Christmas Parade for our city. The kids were really excited to go. I felt like such a bad mom once I realized that this was their first parade (minus the parade at Disneyland). We used to go to parades all the time when I was a little girl. I need to take them to stuff like this more often. Courtney and Trev loved the parade. They really enjoyed all of the decorated cars, the horses, yelling "Merry Christmas" to everyone and catching candy. Ryley thought it was "kind of boring".


I've come to realize that Ryley is at the age where he's too grown up and cool to enjoy most things. I think seceretly he has fun but just won't admit it. He bruised my mom ego this week when he refused to wear my hat. It was going to be about 36 degrees at the parade so I told them that if we wanted to go everyone had to wear hats, jackets and gloves. Ry wanted nothing to do with his hat (even though he picked out his own yarn and was excited once I made it for him). I told him he had to wear one and explained that it was a beanie, just like all of the skater boys wear. He replied "Yeah, I know they wear them (pause) but they don't wear ones that their mom's make for them". Ouch!!! Then I bought them each a new sweater. He asked "Um....did you make this mom?" Once I told him that I bought it he happily put it on. Oh well, I have to accept that he's just much cooler than I am.

Celeste Dodge  – (December 6, 2008 at 5:42 PM)  

That totally hurts! There's a new book out called the Christmas Sweater by Glen Beck. I haven't read it, but the experience sounds similar. Maybe it'll change his mind about coolness!

Alicia Colon  – (December 6, 2008 at 6:53 PM)  

I think you are cool!!! I guess that means we are finally officially OLD!!! Dallin tells me not to kiss him at school. He is only in kindergaten. Oh, well.

Anne Marie  – (December 6, 2008 at 7:26 PM)  

So fun! I remember going to parades too. It's too bad they don't have anything like that in Riverside anymore :(.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP