We're going to Mickey's house

We were able to participate in Disney's Give a Day get a Disney Day program. It was really a lot of fun to do with the family. We had the opportunity to serve the Project Linus foundation which gives blankets to children with severe illnesses, have gone through trauma, or are in need of a special gift. We were asked to make 4 handmade blankets, complete with blanket hugs (cards written by the kids). The kids enjoyed the project, especially Courtney. Together we picked out fabric, pinned and cut everything out, and sewed them together. It made me realize how important it is to teach the kids service early. I think we may try to do this again just for fun during the summer time. The kids are super excited that we get to go to Disneyland this summer now. Trevor has never been and is in love with all of the Disney characters. I'm proud of them, for their good attitudes and for how hard they worked. I can't wait to spend their Disney reward day with them in a few short months.

The Prince's  – (March 9, 2010 at 5:24 PM)  

Those blankets are beautiful! We too are going to find a project to participate in to go to Disney World the end of this year! You guys are awesome!

Becky  – (March 12, 2010 at 9:15 AM)  

Jill,

Paige, Tarin, grandma and I are planning on doing this as well. We were going to go down for the family reunion on July 24 and plan our Disney day around that. When were you planning on going? It would be so fun to all go together. I know Christi has passes for her girls. We are also going to do SeaWorld at the same time.

Love,
Your favorite Aunt Becky

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP