I thought I was ready for this......guess I wasn't

Trev is getting big. I thought I was ready for today, thought it would be no big deal, but today hit me so much harder than I anticipated. I have always loved his darling little hair. Up until he turned three, he would let me scrunch up his curls and wear it that way. It was adorable. Last year, he had long hair, but it was cute. Lately, it has just looked too shaggy....the long hair just didn't seem to fit him, so we decided it was time to cut it. At first he didn't want to go. Eric finally told him that you get suckers when you get your hair cut, and then he was game. As he sat there in the chair, smiling and waving to me in the mirror, it hit me at how old he really is. Slowly, the long locks of hair were falling to the floor and I found myself in tears as I watched. Gone was his little boy hair....he's big now. Everyone at the salon must have noticed me getting all worked up because they kept asking if this was his first haircut. No, this was not his first, but it seemed to me as the end of my little baby. Each phase he enters hits me harder than it should. I guess because he's my last. To me, he will always be my baby.

The Prince's  – (April 26, 2010 at 3:22 PM)  

Oh sweet Jill! He will always be your baby no matter how old he gets! You just have to keep telling him that"no matter how old you get Trev, you still have to give Mom big hugs no matter what!" It does not stop them from growing, but in my mind it helps me cope! He looks so cute with his big boy hair! I love it! Maybe he will inspire Caleb to get his hair cut???!!!!

Shelby  – (April 27, 2010 at 1:03 AM)  

Sad. Your post makes me all teary. He looks so cute with his big boy hair. Oh, don't worry about looking silly crying at the salon, you should have seen me the first time I took Maya to nursery. I had to leave sunday school and walk around the parking lot because I couldn't stop crying!

Melissa + Brett  – (May 11, 2010 at 9:46 PM)  

He does look so grown up. It goes WAY TOO FAST (and sometimes, way too slow.)

Brian Glenn  – (May 30, 2010 at 10:03 AM)  

so cute jill- i honestly can't believe how big he is! his big boy hair cut is so cute too!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP