So Proud


Courtney has always loved to sing. From the time she could talk, she would sing and dance, it's always been such a passion for her. This year the third grade put on a very special holiday performance called December Lights. Her music teacher allowed kids to stay after school to try out for a solo part in the program. When I was 8 there was no way you could have gotten me to try out for something like that....I still wouldn't. So, I was excited when Courtney wanted to try. About a week and a half went by and then she received a letter saying that she would get to sing the solo in her favorite song "la fiesta". She was thrilled. She practiced and practiced all week. It was really cute. The picture above was taken at home right before we left. She wasn't nervous at all. She was really, really excited. Here's Ryley and Trev waiting for her to go on stage.


And here she is singing. She did a fantastic job. She was absolutely adorable. After the program, Ryley surprised her with a bouquet of flowers. Can you see how excited she was? Courtney, we are proud of you! What a wonderful performance!

Kim  – (December 11, 2009 at 5:04 PM)  

I am so proud of you Courtney! I wish I could have been there to see you. I love you!

Brian Glenn  – (December 12, 2009 at 9:01 AM)  

go Courtney go! How awesome... I love your blog post picture of the three of them... so cute Jill!

Melissa + Brett  – (December 14, 2009 at 9:12 PM)  

Did you get it on video? That is so brave! YAY Courtney!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP